Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer, Summer!

It's SUNNY today! :) That makes for a very happy Nichole. It's really nice to start getting out a little bit more with all of the kids I take care of. For those of you who have lost count, there are 4 families I regularly nanny for - totaling 6 kids...7 in January! (That leaves out all of the other weekend and fill-in babysitting.) And of course, if you are freaking out, I usually have 1 or 2 at a time...but sometimes up to 4, which is actually a LOT of fun.

Anyways, I went to the "Starbucks Park" today or, as Veronica calls it, the "Spiderweb Park." It's actually the Powell Barnett Park, but who wants to call it that? That's no fun! It was pretty great hanging out there, playing on toys, having a picnic, and watching all of the kids interact. Veronica can now climb to the top of the "spiderweb" and Madeline made friends with a cute little girl who kept stealing her hat. My favorite quote from the trip was from a little boy on the "spiderweb" playing with his friend. He kept jumping up and down making the whole thing jiggle and his friend wasn't too thrilled and thought he might fall. So the little jumper kid said, "You can't fall! You have stronger feet than me AND you have a ninja turtle costume!" It should be noted that this child was not wearing the costume at the time, which to me, made it all the funnier. And the cute moment of the day goes to Madeline who fell asleep in the stroller on the way home. :) Way to go, Maddy! That's what I like to see!

I don't really have much else to tell you about. I'm just happy it's sunny! If anyone wants to bring their kiddos over for a play date....or if anyone with out kids just wants to come hang out with me and my wee ones...let me know! There are tons of parks around here and as it warms up, we'll be hitting up all of the ones with "water features." And PS when did everything at parks start becoming all professional sounding? Water features, play structures, seriously!? What ever happened to "big toys" and other such silly, simple names? But enough of that, you should come play with us!

Hope you all get to enjoy the sun today!

1 comment:

Britta said...

Totally random, but I tagged you for a "quirks meme" on my blog... check it out!