Monday, February 23, 2009

My Practice Round

I went up to Camano Island on Saturday with Marc to have dinner with some friends and check out where he grew up. Before his family left the area, they had been working on a house that Marc put a lot of hours in on. Unfortunately, it was not quite finished before they moved away. This was the first time Marc had been back there since then and the first time he was able to see the house complete. I was really glad he was able to see it and quite impressed with him that he did so much! It was really a pretty nice house and on a great piece of property.

Dinner with the Marc's friends, the Brown's, who are actually the parents of one of his best friends, was great. I'd been joking around with Marc that he had to set this up as a practice round for me to meet his mom and I'm pretty sure I passed with flying colors. It would be hard not to with the Brown's though. They were so welcoming and kind, made a fantastic dinner, and entertained us the rest of the night with good conversation and a game of Train. Who knew dominos were so fun!? I think I'm going to go out and buy some. :)

Marc also was able to pick up some mail that had been sent to their house on accident when he didn't change his shipping address. To my surprise it included the rest of my Christmas present! I had no idea there was even more coming. I had told Marc one night, while gregorian chant started playing on a website, that I needed some pretty music. He took note and got me a ton of CD's. So I just got 4 more last night and Phantom of the Opera is apparently on back order. For those of you thinking that it's a little late to still be receiving Christmas presents, I would agree, but I was awfully glad to know that I wasn't the only one having problems. As it turns out, I had some issues getting Marc his Christmas present too. After returning his running shoes not once, but twice, and waiting forever for customer service people who never actually got back to me, but being fortunate enough to babysit for a couple that works for Brooks, I was able to get his running shoes at the end of last week. Of course, since the running shoes I orginally tried to get are discontinued as they have a newer version, the sizing wasn't right. Luckily, he went to Super Jock n' Jills to talk to them about the narrow size we accidentally ordered (could anymore go wrong?) and they are going to handle the exchange for him. Whew! Also, with the newer shoes, the narrow is a better fit. I guess it all worked out quite well and it was kind of fun to have Christmas presents in February all over again... even if they are the same presents we got in December.

On a side note, for those of you who enjoy games, the other game I'm currently all about is Bananagrams. One of the families I nanny for got it for Christmas and I've borrowed it from them a few times. :) It's kind of like speed scrabble where each person has their own board, except there are no actual boards. You should check it out! Or call me and we'll plan a game night! :)

No comments: