Thursday, March 19, 2009

To Do - CHECK!

I have a ridiculous day-by-day to do list going right now and this is one of many things on it. It was actually on Monday, but I had to de-prioritize it as things kept getting busier and busier.

I'm in the midst of trying to get ready for Leadership Training Weekend at Camp Thunderbird, scheduling high school leaders for our first weeks of camp, and also getting ready to head out of town with Marc to meet his two oldest sisters and their families. Then there is the usual every day stuff and everything else that some how pops in. So far, thanks to some late nights and early mornings, all is coming together just fine. I'm even managing not to be that stressed. Praise the Lord!

I had a great weekend with some much needed catch-up time with some family and friends. I do wish I wasn't always in "catch-up" mode with the majority of friends in my life. I do apologize. One of my goals is to come up with some better criteria to help me discern committing to new activities and responsibilities. I'd like to be less busy, have more time for the important people in my life, and the occasional moment to just sit without feeling guilty. I even feel a tiny bit guilty blogging right now! It's on my to do list though so fair game, right!?

On Sunday I went to a really great birthday party for two of the girls I nanny. One is 5 and the other will be 3 in just about another week. I can't believe I've already been nannying with their family for over 2 years. Time just keeps flying by. I'm so blessed to be with such wonderful families though and I am still enjoying all of my kiddos. Anyways, I've digressed. This birthday party had more pizza than I have ever seen in my life! Each of the kids got to make their own pizza. They all had on cute little chef hats and got little rolling pins. Adorable! I'll have to put some pictures up when I get a hold of them. For such youngins, they did a fantastic job making their pizzas. :) Also, a little shout out to a fabulous mom - Kristin made not one, not two, but three cakes! There was one white castle cake, one chocolate cake, and one "pizza" cake. Again, I'll have to put up a picture of them all. I of course had to try a little of each and they were all so yummy. For all of my mom friends out there, I strongly encourage the pizza-making party idea. :) They just called their favorite pizza place that has a large room for parties and asked if they would be willing to put out a little bit of dough for each child and toppings to make up the pizzas.

I better move on to the next part of my to do list now. I'll try to come back again soon. Have a wonderful weekend! I'll be praying for all of you on the young adult lenten retreat!!

No comments: