Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Spider Man, Spider Man...

I'm having such a happy summer! The weekend was just fantastic, so I'll give you the run down.

Friday I was supposed to head down to Vancouver with Marc to see some friends of mine that I haven't seen in a very long time and was very disappointed when that trip was cancelled, but as things tend to happen, it worked out nicely. Since Marc and I had extra time to spare, we spent the afternoon down in Seattle getting ready for the Diamond Dash we are playing in this coming Saturday. I'd love to invite you to play with us, but I'm really trying to cut down on my competition. I've even been practicing my rain dance in hopes that some people won't show up, even if it is Seattle. :) jk, but really..20,000 dollar ring, I'll go ahead and thank you not to get in my way pretty please. Lucky for me, I have a super duper boyfriend who headed over to Bellevue Friday morning to pick up an advanced secret clue: Where can you find the Port of Seattle, the European Union, and Canada all in the same building? I'm pretty sure this competition is going to be scavenger hunt style, so this must either be the first clue or maybe, I hope, we are getting even more of a head start!? We are pretty sure we have nailed down the location, but feel free to give us your best guess just in case. :) And say a prayer for us that we have a safe run around Seattle please! We'll see some of you at Caroline and Christian's wedding after. Hopefully I'll be wearing a fat diamond, but it will probably be the only time. I think it would probably be irresponsible to keep such a large rock when there are bills to be paid and other young adult life changes to come. (However, I wouldn't mind some of the money going towards a ring...a girl can hope, right? Ok, ok, I'll stop.)

Also worth noting: Marc found out that we were the first team to enter the competition when he went into Marci Jewelry to get our clue. :) He went close to opening time so we may have also been the first to get the clue. It just makes sense that we will be first to get the ring, right!?

Saturday Marc and I got up bright and early to head down to Stevenson/the area of Oregon across the river from Stevenson. I'm not really sure what town it was, but it was tiny. It was really fun seeing Nick fresh off the trail. Apparently he really smelled (his mom wouldn't even give him a second hug), but I didn't notice too much. We hung out down by the river with his parents, his uncle who had been hiking a few days with him, and a couple of other friends. It was such a beautiful area, the weather was just right, and the river was perfect! I had so much fun swimming around with the guys amidst such awesome scenery. I am blessed! Nick's parents got a hotel for the night and so we were able to hang around most of the evening. I'm hoping we can catch Nick on the trail one more time before he gets to Canada. Either way, go Nick!! 3 more weeks!

Nick pretending to bathe in the river...well, kind of. :)

Marc, Nick, Zach

Riverboat. :)

Crossing from Oregon into Washington. Yea Nick!

Beautiful. I love living in the Northwest.

The guys saying goodbye. Aaaw.

One last picture with Nick.

On our way back up North, we made a late night stop in Olympia at Brent's. I haven't seen him for awhile and Marc has never really hung out with him. They had only met once a before Marc and I started dating. I had only recently met Marc, so he was new to the group and pretty quiet. Since Brent was my best friend in college, this was a shame and needed to be rectified. I was happy they were both able to meet each other again and that we all had a good time. I always enjoy meeting people that are important to Marc and Marc meeting people that are important to me. It was a great way to top of the day. We played out on the lake going a whopping 5 mph. Silly late night rules! And then spent some time catching up, reminiscing, and watching Brian Reagan videos on you tube. :)

On the boat.

Aarrrrr.

Sunday started off with lots of sleep since I wasn't home until about 4 in the morning. Yikes! I'm thankful for 5 pm Mass, even if I do prefer going in the morning. The evening was potluck night, which was a little bit less of a potluck and more of my dad ordering pizza. Still fun. We played some cards and enjoyed the company.


Jaden finally enjoying a brownie. He had to leave after we put them in the over on Friday. Poor kid.

In case you wondered, he liked it.

Jaden and Marc playing a game I invented: Spider Man. :) I'm too short to play!! Or maybe I could be spider man....hmmm....

No comments: