Sunday, November 1, 2009

All Saints, Halloween, and Christmas too!

Happy All Saints Day! It's beautiful out today, but even more beautiful to think about all of the men and women in Heaven who are praying for us to share in their feast one day.

I spent the yesterday afternoon out in Graham at my cousin's place. There was lots of food, new goats, a 4-wheeler, and even a potato gun to shoot pumpkins! I enjoyed taking it easy yesterday and having time with my family. Here are some pictures of my parents at the party and Stacey's wee ones later that night.





"What's with Christmas in the All Saints and Halloween post," you may being asking. Well I'm pleased to announce that as of Friday, I am half way done with my Christmas shopping. :) About a month ago, I set a budget and started taking a set amount out of each week's pay to go towards Christmas, which I'm continuing to do. Two weeks ago, I started making my Christmas shopping list. I'm hoping to finish up all of my shopping within the next two weeks and then I'll be set. :) Maybe now you want to know why. Well, I figured if I set a budget and planned ahead it would make life a lot less stressful, but even better yet, I can really enjoy and focus on Advent and Christmas this year. It's so easy to get caught up in the wrong parts of the holiday season and this is just my way of setting myself up to have less distraction. It can certainly be done all together, but I think I just need a little bit of extra help. :)

No comments: