Monday, August 4, 2008

Just Kidding! I don't have allergies...

I spent a fantastic weekend in Longview working on a house for Habitat for Humanity with other young adults from the Seattle Archdiocese. It was a fun group, I met a lot of new people, and had a great time working on the house. It was just the dose of service I needed and I hope to do some more in the near future.

Unfortunately over the weekend my "allergies"/symptoms continued to worsen and because people could actually see my gland bulging out of my neck, I decided I would give in an go to the doctor. I don't have allergies, I don't have strep....

I have mono! :(

Seriously!? Who gets mono at 25!? That's what I thought, but apparently the most common age range to get mono is 15-25. Darn youth! And sure enough, facial swelling IS a symptom. It had at one point been brought up that maybe mono is what I had, but my saving grace was the lack of explanation of my huge eyes. That didn't really work out for me - bummer!

So what have I been doing today? Sleeping. I plan to be doing a lot more of that in the near future. If you could say some prayers for me, that would be absolutely wonderful. I have already discovered (or so I think) possible plans/reasons why God may be allowing me to have mono. He's brilliant really! I'll probably need the prayers mostly to take care of myself and not think, "Oh I can do it. It's not a big deal. I'll be fine." So if you could ask Our Blessed Mother to help me not be so hard-headed, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!!

Also, a little shout out to my mom - Happy 55th Birthday!! I love you!!

PS If you or anyone you know has mono, I'd love to know where I got this from!

1 comment:

littlet said...

that really sucks that you have mono. i hope you get well soon, we'll be praying for you!