Monday, September 7, 2009

7 Quick Takes - Vol. 7 ...the I've been really busy and it's Monday and I need to quick take the last two weeks!

I've been busy and now it's time for lots of updates!

1. Most of you probably know Riley went back to the hospital a week and a half ago. She is doing much better now, her heart looks great, and things are again very optimistic. She does have a lot of bruising and irritation in her esophagus and stomach though. The feeding tube is also back in :(, but it could be worse. There are still a lot of questions a possible surgery to be done on the esophagus and stomach to help keep her food down. She seems to be losing and gaining weight and hopefully can find some consistency in the upward direction. For better updates, check out the Swenhaugen Blog. Thank you for all of the prayers thus far!

Jaden with the ouchie he got the same day Riley went into the hospital. Poor kid fell on one of his toy trucks.

2. Last weekend Marc and I participated in the Marci Jewelry Diamond Dash to compete for a $20,000 ring. We did not win, but had so much fun playing. For 2 1/2 hours Marc was on bike and I was running like crazy all over downtown Seattle. We were given clues via text message to a location and once we sent back the correct place, there was an additional challenge question to figure out. It took my body about a week to recover, but I would absolutely love to do something like that again...perhaps next year's diamond dash? And man, Marc and I came so close. We only lost by 12 points!! That means it pretty much came down to one question for us if we would have gotten a question we missed right on the first try. We were so close!!!

Waiting for the Diamond Dash to start.

3. Speaking of races, I'm hoping to get my next taste of competition at the 2009 Pineapple Classic. It's a 5k team obstacle course that you run with a pineapple! How fun! The race benefits go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I don't have a major connection to Leukemia, but I'm sure excited to participate in a fun race and give money to a charitable cause at the same time. :)

4. Back to last weekend. Right after the Diamond Dash, Marc and I had to keep on dashing and get ready for Caroline and Christian's Wedding. We didn't even have time to shower. Good thing it was a cold morning and we weren't very sweaty! The wedding was beautiful and the reception was a ton of fun with lots of dancing!!! Of course, I was pretty tired and couldn't dance as much as I would have otherwise. It was still a great time though. Congrats to Caroline and Christian. May God bless your new family!

We don't look TOO shabby, right?

4. The moment my dad has been waiting for...someone else to change my oil! My dad always changes my oil, but once I was out of high school and he noticed I had a lot of guy friends types he was always asking why they weren't changing my oil instead of him. I guess guys aren't as chivalrous as they used to be?? Or maybe they don't want to get dirty like they used to?? I don't know! Anyways, now I have Marc. The last time my dad changed my oil he taught Marc how to do it. This time around, Marc did it all by himself and my dad observed. Marc got an A. He would have gotten an A+, but I guess he spilled just a teeny tiny bit. Plus my dad thought it best to leave room for improvement. :)

Marc changing my oil.

And my dad happily overseeing him. :)

5. I helped Marc move last weekend. That was just one of many things keeping me busy. I'm really excited for him as this will be a much better fit and he'll actually have roommates who know how to clean up after themselves. And also, way to go Marc, he now has 3 jobs! I'm thinking I might get to see some friends a bit more often because some of Marc's new roommates are friends of mine and they hang out with our mutual friends. So now when I go visit Marc, I get the bonus of seeing more people I like. :)

6. Happy Birthday Little Perry!! Last week LP turned 9 years old. He's still cute, still likes to give me a hard time, and I have a feeling not much will have changed in another 9 years! So to Perry, Happy Birthday and I love you!!

PS Coldstone Makes amazing ice cream cupcakes...mmmm. You should go try them.

7. It's been a really wet Labor Day weekend, but I don't mind too much because I've gotten so much done and even relaxed all day Sunday. It was amazing and as a Sunday is meant to be! I hope you are all also enjoying your weekend as it comes to a close.

----
I probably won't be posting quick takes this Friday again because I'll be off in Spokane getting ready for my best friends wedding. Yea Julianna and Mike! And a shout out to my friends Andrew and Daniella who will be making their vows the same day. May God bless both of your marriages!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Dad. Marc. Oil. Hilarious. Typical Dad!!