Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Random Quick Takes - Vol. 2

Some things I've been up to....

1. I finished up my 3 weeks of house sitting and have been home for a a couple of weeks now. It's so nice to be home, but I do miss the 10 minute drive to work. This last weekend, I started going through all of my things and throwing stuff out. I also rearranged my living room/dining room/work out room. I LOVE IT! Come visit me and see. :) Big THANK YOU to Marc who helped so much. THANK YOU.

One of the kitties I watched. Sal, lovingly called Brown Kitty, Crazy Sal, or Cat.

The other kitty, Murcey, Grey Kitty, or Cat.


2. Seahawks Game! Marc and I went to the Seahawks game a couple of weekends ago. We won! :) It was a really fun game up until the end when it became ridiculously boring because we were so far ahead. Good times anyways and it was Marc's first time at a game!

We forgot to take a picture at the game. Just pretend there is a sweet field and fired up fans behind us.


3. The Genocide Awareness Project was at UW again this fall. I spent the second day on campus and had a lot of great conversations. I had pleasant conversations, was cussed us by a guy who was so close to me I could feel his breath on my face (he was also shaking, I may have been a little scared), and also had a few awesome interactions with people who seemed to be having a change of heart. People really struggle with seeing pictures of abortion, but it's a good struggle because it exposes a truth that is hidden so well. So well, in fact, that it can be talked about like it's no big deal. I believe that women should know what an abortion really is before they have one. Pictures speak to that horrific truth.


4. Girl time! I'm having a spa party tomorrow night. Feel free to join in! :) We will be soaking food, having facials, and doing lots of relaxation, laughing, and also eating some yummy food.

Here is a preview of what might be happening:

And what you might get to eat:

5. I can finally say that I have been ice skating! I was nervous for my first time. I don't do too well with out my feet under me. I mean, I get scared! Heights are no good. My last time biking was not too hot (it had been a really loooong time). I don't know. I just like having my balance and being on the ground, but I do enjoy getting past the initial fear and having fun too.

There I go! It was really hard to get started. Seriously, I was asking, "How do you move forward?" I could not figure it out!

Britta!

Marc!

Oooh, getting all tricky.

Spinning.

Going under Marc's legs!!

I had so much fun! I was trying to put a little dance into it too. And man, there was a great early 90's mix playing. BLAST from the PAST. And as a note: both the Seahawks game and Ice Skating were purchases from the Gloria's Angels auction. Who wants to go with me to the next one!? :)

6. Marc and I carved pumpkins last night.

Yucky!

My pro-life pumpkin! And only the second pumpkin I have ever carved by myself. :)

Marc was having a little trouble deciding what to do with his pumpkin. I was totally done with mine before he started carving. Poor Marc.

This is what he came up with. I didn't get to see the final product until today. I was tired and bed was calling my name way louder than his pumpkin.


7. Art party! Tuesday is the day I am hoping to do art projects because I have Eleanor, Madeline, and Georgia for most of the day. Today I also had Jaden. :)

Here is what we did:

All the kids made Ghosts Wind Catchers.

I made a test Bottle Top Spider, but a glue gun was definitely needed. I only had tacky glue and it took me a loooong time to make my spider, so the group skipped that one.

And finally, I helped the girls make some Cardboard Tube Frankensteins!


And a cute picture of Jaden trying to warm up with Marc. I always love when the boys join us.

No comments: