Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Quick Takes - The don't hate because I did 8...or because I rhyme...version*

1. No, I did not give up blogging for Lent. I'm just busy, which is the worst excuse you can use in blogging because so is everyone else. If only I could learn to say no to extra commitments when I'm busy as well as I do to blogging, I'd be improving a whole lot!

2. I admit it. I'm turning green. I am shampoo-free and now am enjoying the new blog, Simple Organic, way too much. I know it's not a bad thing. I really appreciate conserving our natural resources and letting nature (including our own bodies) work as God intended them to, but the phrase "go green" just always rubs me the wrong way. I don't know why.

3. While I'm talking about Simple Organic, I really enjoyed the blog today on Simple Mom. I think it highlights the idea that we are called to serve our families and trust in God rather than try to control everything.

4. I went to the Gloria's Angel Dinner auction a couple of weeks ago and had a fantastic time with Marc, Aaron, Teresa, and Lara. I came away with some real steals on dance lessons, bake ware, and a teapot, sweet pitcher and mugs, teas, and coffees, etc galore! I also ended the night with a lovely cake stand courtesy of Marc and the mini cake treats he bought in the live auction for $75. He told me they were fudge and I raised my number. I didn't think much of it because other desserts were going for $200+. I was not so lucky on that raise of my number, but Marc, being the gentleman he is, insisted on buying them. :) It was a great night and a ton of money was raised. Teresa and Lara also got some sweet fish from our table centerpieces!

I thought it would be fun to get a picture with the cheerleaders. They weren't nearly as excited as I was. I'm pretty sure they thought I was really strange. They must have a good judge of character. :)

5. I'm looking forward to this weekend. I'm helping out with Junior High Rally, which I have never attended before and then heading out to Bremerton for the Anti-Choice Project kick-off. Marc and I will be staying at Tom & Carrie's for the night and protesting with them the next day after Mass. I always love our visits there. It feels like a weekend getaway.

6. After following the blog Homemade by Jill, my goal is to learn to sew next year. Who wants to teach me??

7. I bought another super cute apron. I better watch out before aprons turn into my new obsession! Look how cute it is though! And I got it for half off just for following Like a Warm Cup of Coffee.

8. Happy 57th Birthday, Dad!! I love you so very much!!


*This may also be known as the links to other blogs version.

1 comment:

The Herring family said...

ooh, ooh, I'll teach you to sew! I'm not great at it but I can at least make a quilt...Looking forward to seeing you guys!