Monday, March 15, 2010

Random Quick Takes - Vol. 5

1. Where did all of the wii fits go!? They are no where to be found. Word on the web is that there were some problems with the boards. So the few that are available (online) are ridiculously priced. No thank you. I'll wait for you wii fit plus.

2. I'm tired. Daylight Savings time + babysitting = late night. When did I get so old?

3. One of my goals/tasks of the year is to print pictures. I'm trying to do this as different deals pop up on all of the photo sites. It's been really fun, but very time consuming to sort through pictures. In addition to printing lots of photos for albums, I have to frame at least one picture each month (some times it's best to start with small goals). This weekend I framed a picture from one of my best friend's wedding...back in 2007...with the frame she gave me as a gift for reading in her wedding. :) Thanks Jill!

4. I recently registered my Starbucks card when I found out I could get 2 hours of free wi-fi/day with it. I don't go there that often, but it sure just stepped on up. I also figured out that by becoming a green member (buying 5 drinks) you get free re-fills of hot or iced coffee while in the store. Score! You can also have a free shot of flavor in your drinks or customize your milk. If you haven't registered your card, I definitely recommend it, even if you don't go that often.

5. I've decided to try gardening...with Marc's help. :) Yesterday we spent about 6 hours clearing out the area on the side of the house by my door downstairs. My mom has always grown plants and flowers there, but because I want to try to grow some veggies too, I wanted to make sure I put in the prep work for the soil. 15 wheelbarrows of sifted soil (aka ROCKS) later, we planted some wild flowers from the Gloria's Angels Auction. :) Next weekend, we will finalize the plan for the rest of the area and plant! Big, big thank you to Marc!!

Step 1:

Step 2:
Step 3:
Step 4:

I'm also trying to grow a spider plant for the inside. :)

6. I owe a belated Happy Birthday to my brother-in-law Perry. Last Monday, Perry turned 31! Happy Birthday Perry! (March 8th was also the 2 year anniversary of when I first met Marc and was sure he did not like me. He would not let Britta and I borrow Top Gun and I was going to be late to Perry's birthday party. Britta had never seen it, so it was obviously a huge deal for her to finish watching it. It's Top Gun, people!)

7. On Tuesday I took three of the nanny kiddos on a field trip to my house. :) We had a play date with Jaden and Riley. It was very fun and gave my mom a little break from watching the kids too. They all played together very well and the girls were very excited to see my house, especially by bed (I have no idea why).

No comments: