Monday, June 8, 2009

May Pictures (w/ a little June)

Hello. Long time no blog. I thought an update was in order before I headed off for 12 whole days of vacation! Marc and I will be leaving tomorrow night for Florida. I'm meeting the mom! ..and the two younger sisters, grandparents, a couple of aunts and uncles, and some cousin. I'm excited, but feel free to say a Hail Mary for me. :) We will be staying in Winterhaven for the first few days with his Aunt's family, which couldn't be better. My best friend, since first grade, has family that lives there that I'm hoping to visit. Friday night we will head over to Titusville in time for the next morning's shuttle launch. Woo! I've never seen a shuttle launch so, needless to say, I'm pretty excited. And even better than watching a shuttle launch, I may be watching with my friends Jared and Kim, and lovely daughter Hailey. I have not seen them, or met Hailey, since Jared was stationed in Germany. Kim was pregnant when they moved away. They are now stationed in Alabama and hoping to pop down to visit me. YEA!! It's going to be a great trip! :)

If you are wondering what I've been up to the last month, this is what I've been doing (or at least what I've taken pictures of):

Marc & I before the Gloria's Angels Auction - it was a great night with friends! And we also walked away with Sounders tickets, Seahawks tickets, a photo shoot with Shelly (Finian Road Image & Design), and 4 tickets for ice skating, 2 for batting cages, and 2 for mini golf. :)
Can you say, "date nights"!?

w/ Riley during her brief stay at home :)

Trying to have a little photo shoot with my nephews and niece. Cute, right?

Perry waiting for his turn with Riley.

So much for the hooter hider...

Aw, my parents. They are such wonderful grandparents. :)

One of my favorite pictures of my dad.

Such a good big brother!

Riley Alyssa's baptism!! She was baptized on Thursday, June 4th at Mary Bridge Hospital. She had to be re-admitted to Swedish the week before and then transferred that morning. Due to complications with jaundice and fluid build-up in the lungs, they were unable to postpone heart surgery. She had surgery the day after her baptism and all went very well initially. There was a slight problem with the diaphragm though and so they went in for a quick surgery today to fix that to prevent it from working against the lungs. For a real update with medical accuracy, you can see my sister's family blog here. All of your prayers have been very much appreciated!

Me, Deacon Juan Lezcano, Stacey, Riley, and Perry

I'm a godmother!!!

Riley w/ Mom & Dad

Riley w/ mom, Grandpa & Grandma

Riley w/ mom, Papa, and Nana

Jaden slept through the baptism. This is normal. He also slept through his friend Nathan's and his OWN.

Mom & Dad outside Mary Bridge. :)

Aren't they cute?

Jaden knows his way around the hospital. He is also quite popular with the nurses!

And he is perhaps the coolest kid there with his motorcycle.
Riding in the parking garage.

Marc & Me. We have now been dating one whole year and we still like each other. :)

Marc studying for finals. He was hard and work when I went to take a nap. I woke up to this and couldn't resist taking a picture. He was not studying in that chair either. He moved them like that to sleep. Poor guy.
I also want to say how great it's been to catch up with friends this month! I've been able to see quite a few of you thanks to the less-busy schedule I have while house-sitting in the ever so convenient location of Seattle (just down the street from work). :) Thanks to all of you for putting up with me and my hectic life and for being such great friends! See you when I get back!

No comments: