Monday, June 29, 2009

Riley's Coming Home!

Riley is going home tomorrow!! She will be bringing her feeding tube with her, but only using that at night so she can feed orally through out the day. As long as she continues to keep her food down and gain weight, she'll be home for good! Way to go, kiddo!

And some other random notes...

-My nephew Jaden is adorable! He wanted to "work" in my dad's office this afternoon. He sat at the desk typing and "answering phones" saying, "Can my grandpa clean your carpets?" So cute!

-Week 1 one of Body for Life...check! I could have done better on my eating, but my work outs at least kicked butt. My body hasn't been that sore in I don't know how long!! Yikes! On the food side, I'm trying to enjoy eating more healthy food and trying to remind myself that we can glorify God in even the smallest of things, like what we stick in our mouths to munch on! 11 more weeks...here I come!

-I really enjoy dating Marc. I do a lot of things I wouldn't think of on my own and he's also willing to be a total dork with me. :) Friday we spent the afternoon with his mom and sisters who were in Seattle for two short days and took a walk to the Ballard Locks. I never really knew what "locks" were. Interesting. (I'm kind of a simple girl...) We had a really great time and it was beautiful weather! In the evening we went to a party at Britta, Meagan, and Andrea's. The theme: summer. Check out our outfits below. :)


Marc and his sisters at the Locks.


Trying to be a Totem Pole. :)


Camp Counselors!

We also brought water balloons to lead a toss to go along with our costumes!

WWU NCCM PM's 05-06!!

-On Friday, I also had a really fun day nannying. Here is a picture Eleanor, age 3, drew of me:

If you are wondering why I look so upset, it's apparently because "Georgia just pulled [my] hair."

and here is Eleanor:


-A couple of birthday shout outs! Happy Birthday to JJ! He turned 3! (son of Jon & Amy) And Happy Birthday to Nathan, who turned the big 1! (Son of Chris & Aliscia) I had a fun weekend of parties, but am sad to say I missed JJ's...sorry buddy.

Nathan eating his cake. :)

Trying to help out. That was the hardest ice cream I have ever encountered!!

-And last, but not least, Marc and I had a really fun date night Sunday night. We went to the batting cages at Kent Valley Ice Center to cash in our free batting cages we won at the Gloria's Angel's Auction. So much fun! It was my first time ever in a batting cage and I was a little bit nervous, but all went well. :) I did much better than expected. I've also decided we should get a young adult softball team together next summer to play in a church league. Anyone!? We also watched High School Musical for the first time. It was cute! Next step: Learn songs and dances. :)


...Perhaps I should start doing the 7 quick takes that Kristine and Lindsey do. Hmmmm...

No comments: