Thursday, February 15, 2007

Lasi(e)k

I'm kind of a blog slacker! I'll try to be better! ...including "linking up" soon, Tom. :) I feel like I should finish school first before committing too much time to my blog though.

So anyways, I just wanted to shoot an update out there and let you all know that Friday I had my lasik and lasek done!! ...yes that's lasik AND lasEk. The lasek was on my right eye and they actually cute open a flap before shooting the laser in there. Fun, huh!? It wasn't really too bad at all. The worst part for me was when the stuck the spring type thing in my eye to prop it open. It was quite uncomfortable and I couldn't manage to keep my other eye open either time to take the pressure off of the eye being loaded. Sorry, that was kind of confusing.

I am recovering now and it sounds like all is going well. My right eye is taking longer to heal because of the lasek and the "fog" is just now starting to clear up. My left eye is coming along nicely and it seems like each time I wake up I can see a little better. Since I haven't been able to nap during the week like I was this weekend though my eyes have been quite strained and unfocused by the end of each night. Please keep me in your prayers! And thank you to those of you who were praying for my surgery and recovery already!

So what can I say? Life is good. :) Valentine's Day was fun...I'll save the details for my next post and hopefully throw a picture or two up, too!

And oh, here's my quote of the night...

"To be deep in History, is to cease to be Protestant" - John Henry Newman

I've been listening to these GREAT cd's from Lighthouse Catholic Media. I'm just loving it! I was given about 20-30 of them...so if anyone wants to borrow, do let me know! Or if you are wondering about Lighthouse Catholic Media...or bringing it to your parish...I will hook you up with a rep. to talk to your priest!! :) It's pretty much awesome I've decided. (Tom...he should be coming your way soon. He is processing out of the AF here pretty quick and will be spending a lot more time with his LCM work... I told him my parish and yours were on top of his list!)

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Oh man, I want laser eye surgery. You'll have to tell me how everything works out! There's always that small percentage you'll go blind.... oh buddy...

The Herring family said...

Hey Nichole, those CD's sound like great stuff! Which ones have you listened to?

Keep me posted if your buddy plans to head up to Star of the Sea with his Lighthouse Mission.

:)