Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Patience

I was reading though today's Lenten Reflection on EWTN, and this is what stuck out to me the most:

"I asked God to grant me patience,
And God said, "No."
He said patience is a by-product of tribulation.
It isn't granted - it is earned."
(part of ...and God Said "No" by Claudia Minden Welsz)

That's right - I'm working on having more patience. And as much as I really don't like this, I love it. It is a good reminder to take joy in our suffering and offer it up to the Lord.

I also had this thought - is the lack of patience quite often just a lack of trust in the Lord? Your thoughts?

1 comment:

Britta said...

I'm working on patience too... and God is doing a fabulous job of teaching it to me.

And I think that patience runs alongside of trust, but they aren't necessarily the same. I do think you need trust to have patience though.