Thursday, February 1, 2007

Motivation

"If you are going to win any battle, you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do... the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." -General George S. Patton

I love this quote! But here's my problem...how do I accomplish my task when my body is all "antsy in my pantsy" (bonus points for you if you know what movie that is from) and rearin' to go, but my task doesn't not permit any such active behaviors? Seriously, I sit down to write a paper and I turn into a little ADD kid! I write a paragraph, maybe two, and then feel the need to get up and walk around (or check my email again...even though I have a little thing that beeps at me when I get a new one). I even do this when I'm babysitting and have nowhere to go in the house! Don't worry - the kids are sleeping. I'm not neglecting them.

Feel free to send some motivation my way...or perhaps even some incentives! :) Just kidding, but seriously...incentives anyone? Ok, maybe you can just say a quick prayer for me! Thanks. :)

Ok, back to homework! Here I go!

PS After two posts, I'm officially one of THOSE bloggers. Is anyone's day any better now that they've read about my inability to do hmwk? Most likely not, but go ahead and read the above quote one more time, write it down, and apply it to some part of your life...or just go for a really long run!

No comments: