Friday, July 17, 2009

7 Quick Takes - Vol. 2


1. My family had its first "Summer Sunday Potluck Night" this week. Each week will be themed by whoever is providing the main dish. This last Sunday: American BBQ. This Weekend: lemon, every dish must have a lemon ingredient. I'm in charge of next week and will most likely be going with Mexican. We had a really fun time hanging out, "potlucking", and playing games (I got my butt kicked in Monopoly Jr, but won my first Ladder Golf game!) I'm really looking forward to our weekly dinners. :)

2. Sunday was actually a really fun day last week. Not only did I go to Mass and get to have potluck fun, but a friend organized a touch-football game. I haven't played in a really long time (and my muscles reminded me that just because I'm working out doesn't mean I'm in shape to play sports). I had so much fun!

3. Sun is so nice, especially when you are a Nanny. I spent yesterday at the Zoo and today at a park with a really fun water feature...lots of water squirters and fountains and things. Georgia actually didn't freak out too much as she does with the "Sprinkle Ball" (sprinkler ball) in her backyard. It was enjoyable for everyone. :)

4. I have a fairly free weekend this weekend. I had a free weekend last weekend. Weird. Really weird. I don't know how to handle myself. Last weekend was really productive as I could finally check a couple of things off my massive to-do-when you have time list, but this weekend I kind of want to actually do nothing. I'm pretty sure I'll cave and get stuff done though, which is really for the best.

5. BfL Update: Week 4 has been pretty great. I got a little snacky yesterday, but overall I'm feeling good and having fun. :)

6. I really like being an Aunt and living so close to family (and in some cases that would include living WITH family). Jaden and Riley were here when I came home from work today and they are both so cute. Riley is still super tiny and she sleeps like a frog. Adorable! Jaden and I had fun playing with "Riley" and "Jaden," his new koala and zebra finger puppets I got him from the zoo.

7. I've been super tired this whole week. I'm not really sure why. I know I was busy, but I'm not sure with what as it was super hard for me to come up with 7 quick takes. I feel like maybe this "take" is cheating, but I'm gonna run with it. I'm just tired. I've had to take lots of naps. I want to take one now, but I think I'll just try to stick it out and head to bed early.

No comments: