Saturday, July 25, 2009

7 Quick Takes - Vol. 3



1. Fun week with the kiddos. This morning Eleanor and Georgia did "a cuddle bunny" with me for almost a whole hour. It was their idea. :) For those of you wondering what cuddle bunny is, it's when we snuggle up on the couch with tons of blankets. It's one of my favorite activities since I have to get up so early morning. I feel a little bad if I initiate it, but if it's all them, I'm more than happy to oblige. :) I have also been reading he Narnia series to Veronica and Madeline. It's so fun! When our chapter finishes and it's time for naps, I sometimes scan ahead when I can't remember what happens next. :) I've also been having great conversation with Veronica about Jesus and our own behaviors. :)

2. I started training my mom and sister this week. :) We lift with all of my stuff downstairs and I quite enjoy playing the training. :) The upper body work out went well, but legs was great. They could barely finish. Love it!! I was really impressed with mom too. (Stacey, you did well too.)
Here is my mom post-workout:

3. I've recently discovered whole wheat hamburger buns that are ultra-thin. Brilliant! Less carbs, less calories, and the burger tastes way better. I recommend looking for them at the store next time you are grilling up burgers. Sorry, I have no other information for you. Perhaps I'll look into it. :)

4. I just got back from Dante's to celebrate Caroline's birthday. Happy Birthday Caroline! I was pretty tired tonight, but it was good to get out and see lots of friends. I really like them.

5. Speaking of friends, Marc is going to be moving into a house with 6 others guys in Sept, 3 of whom I went to college with, which I think is really fun. :) (Am I allowed to take a quick take from someone else's life and play it off as my own? How exactly does this quick take thing work? Is it my page, my rules? Or do I need some standard do's and don'ts? Anyone? )

6. Marc is kicking my bum in our 25 pound weight competition. I have work to do!! My week went very well though...so he better watch his back. :) (Hi hunnie...)

7. I'm going to the Sounders game tomorrow!! Can't wait!! I feel like I'm kind of a bad soccer fan and pretty out of touch. I just don't know how I used to be so good at keeping up on sports. Anyways, tomorrow I'll get to be a real fan (but with out any cool Sounders gear...boo!). Should be fun. Marc and I are going early with Lara to hang out and grab a drink and then we will hopefully get to meet up with my cousin Jessica and her family. Go Sounders!

No comments: