Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Summer Weekend Fun!!

I love summer. For some reason I haven't felt like I've gotten outside very much the last couple of summers. This summer I finally feel like I'm out and about. I think it helps that the nanny kiddos are all down to one nap these days. But I even feel like I'm having more of a summer on the weekends and it's really great.

I feel that I was able to find a good balance between relaxing, having fun, and getting things done this weekend. Highlight of checked-off to do list items: I finally cleaned up all of the stuff in front of my fireplace that has been there since I moved back home. Horrible, I know. It was mostly pictures, but since I feel the need to update my frames, I haven't put them up. So they are tucked away neatly in some storage bins until I can check off "print pictures and update frames." It looks so much nicer now! And I have complete and full access to my punching bag!

Marc came down on Saturday for Sunday Family Potluck Night. We had to adjust the schedule a bit this weekend. The lemon theme was fun, food was delicious (Marc and I made lemon garlic bread...mmmm), and I also had a great time playing games: ping-pong tournament, ladder golf, and dominoes. My dad, Marc, and I were up pretty late playing dominoes. We tried a new game and I couldn't win one stinkin' round!! So I kept asking to play one more game, one more game, just one more game. Finally I won a round, came super close to winning the next round, which would have given me the game, and lost the game again. But I got one round. :) I also won ping-pong with my dad, but didn't do so hot on ladder golf this time. I've been improving though!

I also ran a few errands that morning including going to the Federal Way Farmers Market. It was my first time there; I went for fresh produce and am quite pleased with the outcome of my trip. :) Yea for spending less money and having fresher food!

On Sunday after Mass, breakfast, and a little downtime, Marc helped me pick up a really comfy chair from my cousin's wife's mom. She is so generous and sweet and fun. I just love her. Thank you Cinda!! And thank you Marc for helping me pick up the chair! I missed out on a nice armoire a year ago because I didn't have a truck to use or anyone to help me.

After pick-up of the chair we headed down to Lake Tapps. I've really been wanting to go on a picnic and it was such a beautiful and perfect day for it. Lake Tapps is such a fun place and I absolutely love the view of Mt. Rainier. I had so much fun!!

And oh, my favorite grab of the weekend (that maybe I shouldn't have spent money on):

Jessie Steele - Summer Lemons

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aahhhh!! I want that apron!